How It Works?
Using our search system is fast and easy. Please follow the steps below to retrieve search results:
- Step 1: FIND YOUR VEHICLE VIN - Vehicle identification Number (VIN) can be found on the title document, the vehicle registration, and on the insurance policy. You should also locate your VIN in multiple locations on the vehicle itself. Most commonly the VIN is displayed on the driver's side dashboard and can easily be viewed from outside the vehicle windshield. One of the other common places where the VIN can be located is on the vehicles deriver's side doorjamb.
- Step 2: START SEARCHING - Visit Vincheckup.com and enter your VIN in the upper search field and click on the "Lookup VIN" button.
- Step 3: REVIEW PRELIMINARY SEARCH RESULTS - Once we are done searching our preliminary database you will see a page with your vehicle information. You may access your full vehicle history report or specific details about the vehicle by selecting from the various options listed on the preliminary results page.
- Step 4: SELECT YOUR REPORT ACCESS OPTION - If you are not currently registered as a VinCheckUp member, by selecting vehicle history details on the preliminary page you will be directed to the Register Page. To view full results you will need to register by providing your personal information. If you are already a registered member you will be able to view your full reports simply by logging into your members page.
- Step 5: REGISTER - After the successful completion of the register process, your member account login will be auto generated and displayed on the "Thank You" page. Prior to clicking on the "Continue To View Report" button please be sure to save your login information as it is displayed on the "Thank You" page for future reference. You may select to change your login details and preferences within your Account Details page after logging into your account.
- Step 6: ACCESS MEMBER'S AREA & ACCESS YOUR REPORT - Once you click on the "Continue To View Report" button located on the "Thank You" page you will be directed to our members area page where your report will be displayed. Your Vehicle History Report will also be emailed to the email address that you have used during the registration process.
Our primary goal is our customer's satisfaction so if you are having trouble with our reports or member service we want to hear from you and help you. Please visit the "Support" page link found on the upper right hand side of your member page.